CBP Announces Changes to COBRA User Fees Starting October 1
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has announced updates to its user fees within the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act. These changes will take effect October 1, 2021.
- MPF ad valorem rate of 0.3464 percent will remain.
- MPF min and max for formal entries will change.
- Minimum will change from $27.23 to $27.75.
- Maximum will change from $528.33 to $538.40.
- Informal entry or release fee will change to $2.22.
- Manual entry or release surcharge will change to $3.33.
- Dutiable mail fee will change to $6.11.
- The express consignment carrier/centralized hub facility fee will change to $1.11 per individual waybill/bill of lading. An individual air waybill is the bill at the lowest level, and is not a master bill or other consolidated document (82 FR 50523).
View CBPs General Notice here for further details.