Kansas City GCI Micro-Grant Program
Helping Businesses Succeed in Accessing Global Markets
The KC GCI Micro-grant program is a program for the reimbursement of export related expenses to small and medium sized businesses. Grant awards may total $5000 and must be spent on improving the applicant’s ability to access world markets. As part of the Global Cities Initiative the WTC KC is undertaking this program to help businesses succeed in accessing world markets.
The application period opens October 1.
The application period will close when funds are exhausted.
Examples of eligible expenses
- Marketing production for international markets
- Translation Services
- Market access programs
- Market Research
- Staff export trainings
Examples of ineligible expenses
- Salaries/payroll for employees
- Donations/contributions to fundraisers
- Infrastructure or equipment
- Meals and entertainment
- All expenses not related to the funded activity
- Activities regarding the acquisition of another company’s, license, franchise, or legal-person
- Maximum award amount: $5,000 (Companies may apply multiple times for separate awards totaling $5000)
- Two grants will be reserved for companies less than 2 years of age on October 1, 2016
- One grant will be reserved for a Veteran-Owned company
- One grant will be reserved for a Woman-Owned company
- One grant will be reserved for a Minority-Owned company
- Submissions open: October 1, 2016
- Submission deadline: June 30, 2017 for first round picks, funds will be dispensed until exhausted
- Fewer than 500 employees
- Company must be located in Kansas City Metropolitan Statistical Area ( MO- Jackson, Clay, Cass, Platte, Bates, Lafayette, Ray, Caldwell, and Clinton counties; KS- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Miami, and Linn counties)
- Paid receipts are required for for any funds to be dispersed
- Must sign and return Kansas City Global Cities Initiative Micro-grant Agreement
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Must be 18+ years old legal resident of the United States
- No conflicts of interest regarding relationships with the World Trade Center KC, or GCI Grant Committee
- Decisions of selection committee are final
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability
Grant recipients will complete a Micro-grant Impact Assessment after the completion of their involvement with the grant program.
|October 1, 2016||Grants opened & announced to community.|
|TBD||Deadline for grant submittal. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis during this time. Early applications are in your interest.|
|Within two months of submission||Grant applications screened and approved by WTC staff are presented to GCI Grant Committee with recommendations for selections and award amounts|
|As soon as possible after
GCI Grant Committee
Amount and purpose
|Grant awardees contacted and notified of award.
Awardees will be given a short written agreement at this time.
- Scalability, and
View original post here.