Duty Drawback refers to the process of getting a refund for Customs duties paid on imported goods that are later exported out of the United States, or for goods that have been manufactured using those imported items and then exported. Importers may receive a refund of up to 99% of their previously paid duties. This refund can be claimed retroactively for a period of up to five years by the shipper.
This involves exporting equipment that was brought into the country within the last five years.
- We will submit a 7553 form to US customs, which notifies them of our intent to export or destroy the equipment.
- Customs will either examine the freight or waive the examination and provide approval of the claim.
- Once there is proof of export after the product has left the country, we file the 7551 form along with the original 7553 form and all other export documents.
- Customs reviews the claim and provides a potential refund.
- We provide an application process that is submitted to US Customs on behalf of the client.
- After approval, the client is eligible to claim Duty Drawback on any product that was shipped out of the country up to five years ago, as long as we have applied for a one-time waiver.
- No 7553 form is required.
- Opportunity to apply for accelerated payment.
The Scarbrough Consulting team is delighted to be able to offer this service and we are here to walk you through the entirety of the process.
Download our one-pager below for more information at your fingertips!
Additional resources on Duty Drawback: