Some Section 301 List 1 Exclusions Extended
Some Section 301 List 1 Exclusions Extended
Section 301 List 1 Product Exclusions
Eleven select products have been granted extensions for product exclusions on imports from China listed in List 1. The exclusions have been extended through March 25, 2021.
The HTS numbers and descriptions include:
- HTSUS 8412.21.0045 (telescoping hydraulic power engines and motors)
- HTSUS 8607.21.1000 (air brakes for vehicles of headings 8605 or 8606)
- breast pumps, whether or not with accessories or batteries (HTSUS 8413.81.0040)
- machinery for filtering water, submersible, powered by batteries, manually operated, such machinery designed for use in pools, basins, aquariums, spas or similar contained bodies of water (HTSUS 8421.21.0000)
- hand-held ultraviolet water purifiers, powered by batteries (HTSUS 8421.21.0000)
- filters designed to remove sulfites from wine (HTSUS 8421.22.0000)
- filter housings, covers, or couplings, the foregoing of steel and comprising parts of machinery or apparatus for filtering liquids (HTSUS 8421.99.0040)
- vulcanized rubber tracks, each incorporating cords and cleats of steel, designed for use on construction equipment (HTSUS 8431.49.9095)
- automated data processing storage units (other than magnetic disk drive units), not assembled in cabinets for placing on a table or similar place, not presented with any other unit of a system (HTSUS 8471.70.6000)
- electric motors, AC, permanent split capacitor type, each in a housing with outside diameter of 84 mm or less, with output of 6 W or more but not exceeding 16 W (HTSUS 8501.10.4020)
- inoculator sets of plastics, each consisting of a plate with multiple wells, a display tray, and a lid; when assembled, the set measuring 105 mm or more but not exceeding 108 mm in width, 138 mm or more but not exceeding 140 mm in depth, and 6.5 mm or less in thickness (HTSUS 9027.90.5650)
The exclusions are available for any product that meets the description in the Annex, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request.
Section 301, U.S. Customs, PSC, & Protest Help
To request a refund of Section 301 duties paid on previous imports of products granted duty exclusions by the USTR, importers may file a Post Summary Correction (PSC) if within the PSC filing time frame. If the entry is beyond the PSC filing time frame, importers may protest the liquidation.
Don’t have the time or not sure if it’s worth it? Scarbrough Consulting, Inc. can do this for you or guide you in the right direction. Scarbrough is offering a FREE 30-minute consultation to any importer affected by the Section 301 Tariffs. Our consulting team of Licensed U.S. Customs brokers are also capable of filing PSCs and Protests on your behalf. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
On August 18, 2017, USTR initiated an investigation into certain acts, policies and practices of the Government of China related to technology transfer, intellectual property and innovation (82 FR 40213). During the investigation, the Trade Representative determined that the acts, policies and practices of China under investigation are unreasonable or discriminatory and burden or restrict U.S. commerce, and are thus actionable under Section 301(b) of the Trade Act of 1974, as amended (Trade Act).
In response, President Trump initiated a number of actions which imposed ad valorem tariffs on certain imports originating in China. Four separate lists have been announced. To view the most up to date information, check out our debriefing on Section 301 Imports from China. This post indicates effective dates, duty rates, and more.
What to do
Scarbrough Consulting, Inc. is offering a free 30-minute consultation to any company that may be affected by the Section 301 announcements. Please send an email to email@example.com or fill out the form below. Our Global Trade Experts and Licensed Customs brokers are here to help.
Scarbrough is offering a FREE 30-minute consultation to any importer affected by the Section 301 Tariffs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
The Scarbrough Group of Companies, headquartered in Kansas City with local presence in every major port in the world, is a complete international and domestic supply chain service provider, offering U.S., Mexican, and Canadian Customs brokerage, Import & Export Transportation Solutions, Domestic brokerage and asset-based trucking, Warehouse fulfillment and distribution services, Trade Compliance Consulting, Large Equipment and Project Cargo moves, as well as Parcel Audit Savings. Scarbrough is widely known for its trade experts, training, personalized customer service, customized solutions, and data analytics tools. Since 1984, Scarbrough has continued to satisfy its clients by following its motto on a daily basis: “It is our job to make your job easier.” Moreover, our team of experts is available at your disposal. We offer free consultations on any topic from supply chain optimization and duty savings opportunities to the basics, helping to guide new importers and exporters as they jump into the world of global trade. Contact us now.